In the world of cooking, there is
probably not a more hotly debated subject: How to prepare a roasted
turkey? Ask five people and you'll get six opinions. You might even
get a good-natured argument. Well, here at Zacky Farms we're fortunate
to have our own family expert, Lillian Zacky. And, here's what she
recommends for a scrumptious, golden brown, tender and juicy result.
One sparkling fresh pure and natural Zacky Farms
Turkey (what else?)
Lots of garlic cloves
Season salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Roasting V Rack
One cup of water or clear turkey broth
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees or preheat barbecue.
- Wash turkey inside and out, leaving turkey
moist. This allows the seasoning to adhere to the skin.
- Crush half the garlic cloves you have selected
(garlic lovers feel free to add even more!).
- Slice the lemon.
- Season the cavity of the turkey with season
salt and pepper.
- Place the remaining whole garlic cloves in
the cavity of the turkey along with the sliced lemon (skin and
- Season the outer portion of the turkey.
- Pour the one cup of liquid in the bottom of
the roasting pan.
- Place the turkey BREAST SIDE DOWN on the V
rack in a shallow roasting pan uncovered.
- Place a loose "tent" of foil over
turkey to prevent over-browning.
- Foil may be removed and turkey turned breast-side
up during the last half hour to enhance appearance.
- When turkey is done after it reaches 165 degrees
on the meat thermometer, remove it from the roasting pan and wrap
it tightly with foil so that no steam can escape.
- Wait at least a half-hour and remove foil for
carving and serving.